- Latin Name: Trigonella Foenum-Graecum
- CAS No.: 84625-40-1
- Active Ingredients: 4,Hydroxyisoleucine, Furostanol Saponins, Fenusides, Total Saponins
- Specifications: 4:1, 10:1, 20:1, 5%, 10%, 20%, 25%, 40%, 50%, 60%, 95%, 98%
- Test Method: HPLC / UV-VIS
Origin: Indigenous to countries on the eastern shores of the Mediterranean and cultivated in India, Egypt, and Morocco in Africa.
Fenugreek is one of the oldest medicinal plants, dating back to the ancient Egyptians, Greeks and Romans who used it as a culinary and medicinal herb.
Anti-inflammatory (as agent to ease inflammation), antiseptic (an agent for inhibiting the growth of microorganism on living tissue or destrying pathogenic bacteria), aphrodisiac (an agent for arousing or increasing sexual desire), emollient (an agent used externally to soften and soothe), expectorant (an agent that promotes the discharge of mucous from the respiratory passages), febrifuge (an agent that reduces or eliminates fevers), galactagogue (an agent that encourages or increases the secretion of milk), restorative, soothing stimulant (an agent that excites or quickens the functional activity of the tissues giving more energy) (acts on the nervous system to stimulate the appetite), tonic (an agent that tones, strengthens and invigorates organs or the entire organism giving a feeling of well-being).
- Blood Conditions – anemia
- Brain and Nervous System Conditions – neurasthenia
- Female Conditions – relaxes the uterus stimulates breast development stimulates milk production in nursing mothers
- Gastrointestinal Conditions – comforts the stomach enteritis faulty digestion (soothes the intestinal canal) gastritis increases the appetite inflamed conditions of the stomach and intestines softens and expels mucous tonic effect on the digestion, particularly for convalescents
- Liver Conditions – counter cholesterol used by the liver for cholesterol metabolism
- Metabolic Conditions – helps aid diabetes
- Respiratory Tract Conditions – bronchitis dissolves mucous congestion kills infections in the lungs tuberculosis
- Throat and chest disorders – it is used as a gargle for sore throat
- Externally it is used as a poultice, ointment, plaster for: abscesses boils swelling wounds