- Latin Name: Lycopersicon Esculentum
- CAS No.: 90131-63-8
- Active Ingredient: lycopene
- Specifications: 5%, 6%, 10%, 90% of lycopene
- Part used: fruit
- Test Method: HPLC
- Appearance: fine brown-red powder
Tomatoes are often referred to the edible, often small to moderately sized, round red fruits of the tomato plant (Lycopersicum Esculentum). The species originated in Central and South America and its use as a food originated in Mexico and spread throughout the world, Tomatoes are considered both fruits and vegetables and form an integral part of cuisines all across the globe, especially in the Mediterranean region. The main active ingredients of Tomato Extract is Lycopene. It is a nutrient that holds promise as a wonderful antioxidant and belongs to the carotenoid family, which includes beta-carotene, lutein and zeaxanthin. Lycopene intake seems to greatly benefit the body.
Lycopene is a bright red carotene and carotenoid pigment and phytochemical that often taken by people preventing heart disease and “hardening of the arteries” (atherosclerosis). Lycopene is also used for treating human papilloma virus (HPV) infection, which is major cause of uterine cancer. Some people also use lycopene for cataracts and asthma.
- protect cardiovascular system
- anti-ultraviolet radiation
- has the function of anti.aging and enhancing immunity
- improving skin allergies
- it owns the effect of whitening, dispelling spot, anti-wrinkle, activating skin cells, making skin more tender and firm
- it is often used in relieving menopause discomfort