- Latin name: Foeniculum vulgare Miller var.amara
- CAS No .: 8006-84-6
- Specifications: D: E ratio = 4: 1, 10: 1 & 20: 1, or min. 0.25% Anethole, or min. 1.5% & 3-4% essential oils;
- Used part: fruit seeds and / or roots
- Test Method: HPLC
Fennel is a Mediterranean herbaceous plant of the Apiaceae family. (Umbelliferae).
Known since ancient times for its aromatic properties, its horticultural cultivation seems to date back to the 16th century.
- for the symptomatic treatment of gastrointestinal disorders referable to mild spasms, including meteorism and flatulence,
- for the symptomatic treatment of mild spasms (cramps) associated with the menstrual cycle.