- Latin Name: Ginkgo Biloba L.
- CAS No.: 90045-36-6
- Active Ingredient: Flavones, Lactones
- Specification: 24%/6%, 4:1, 10:1
- Test Method: HPLC/ UV
- Appearance: Brown yellow powder
Ginkgo is a genus of highly unusual non-flowering plants and it is the world’s oldest living tree species. Although all the rest of species in the Ginkgoales order had become extinct by the end of the Pliocene, Ginkgo Biloba survived in the wild in China, where it was cultivated as a sacred tree and still decorates Buddhist temples throughout Asia. Ginkgo preparations have been used for medicinal purposes for more than a thousand years. Traditional Chinese doctors used ginkgo leaves to treat asthma and chilblains (inflammation of the small blood vessels in the skin in response to cold but above freezing temperatures). Ginkgo has been studied extensively in diverse medical conditions including treating high blood pressure, menopause-related cognitive decline, tinnitus, post-stroke recovery, peripheral arterial disease, macular degeneration.
Ginkgo Biloba can be used in the treatment of the following diseases:
- mental performance, brain function, concentration problems
- senility, memory loss, dementia, dizziness;
- peripheral vascular diseases, numbness tingling.