- Latin Name: Nelumbo Nucifera (Gaertn.)
- CAS No.: 85085-51-4
- Active Ingredient: Total Alkaloids Liensinine, Nuciferine
- Specification: 80% Total Alkaloids Liensinine – 5% Nuciferine
- Part Used: Leaf
- Test Method: HPLC
- Appearance: Fine Brownish Powder
Nelumbo Nucifera (Gaertn.) is an aquatic perennial plant that is extensively cultivated in eastern Asia, particularly in China, commonly known as the lotus, also known as Indian lotus, sacred lotus, or bean of India. The lotus has a great cultural significance in the East as a symbol of purity and spirituality since old times and well known medicinal plant in traditional herb medicine in the east. It has been used as an antidote to mushroom poisoning (whole plant), also the roots or leaves are added to preparations of a variety of conditions including dysentry, dizziness, fever and haemorrhoids.
- Applied in pharmaceutical field, it is frequently used as medicine supplement or OTCs ingredients and owns good efficacy for treatment of cardio-cerebrovascular disease.
- Applied in cosmetics, it can delay aging and prevent UV radiation.
- stand against insomnia
- cure constipation
- tonify spleen and stomach
- lower blood pressure