- Latin Name: Garcinia Mangostana L.
- CAS No.: 90045-25-3
- Active Ingredient: Polyphenols, Mangostin
- Specification: 10% – 40% Alpha Mangostin
- Part Used: Fruit
- Test Method: HPLC
- Appearance: Fine Brownish Yellow Powder
The purple mangosteen (Garcinia mangostana), known colloquially simply as mangosteen, is an evergreen tropical tree believed to have originated in the Sunda Islands and the Moluccas of Indonesia. It grows mainly in Southeast Asia, Southwest India and other tropical areas such as Puerto Rico and Florida where the tree was introduced. The extract from purple mangosteen (Garcinia mangostana) contains alpha-mangosteen as an active ingredient, a compound with antioxidant properties.
- Antioxidant: Mangostin is the inhibitor of oxidation of LDL, which have major role in cardio-vascular and related chronic diseases.
- Anti-allergies and inflammations: alpha-mangostin was identified to inhibit COX, as their inhibition acutely reduces inflammations, pains and fevers.
- Antivirus and anti.bacteria: the polysaccharides in the extract form can stimulate phagocytic cells to kill intracellular bacteria.
- is used for diarrhea, urinary tract infections (UTIs), gonorrhea, thrush, menstrual disorders, osteoarthritis, and an intestinal infection called dysentery. I is also used for stimulating the immune system and improving mental health.
- Some people apply mangosteen to the skin for eczema and other skin conditions.