- Latin Name: Punica Granatum L.
- CAS No.: 84961-57-9
- Active Ingredient: Punicalagin (alpha and beta), Ellargin acid, Polyphenols
- Specifications: 30%, 40% Punicalagin (alpha+beta HPLC)
- Part used: Peel
- Test Method: UV-VIS/ HPLC
- Appearance: Brown yellow powder
Pomegranate Extract is the extract of the peel of the Pomegranate (Punica Granatum L.), which is a natural substance and a source of antioxidants (including Vitamin C). Use of dietary supplements containing pomegranate peel extract is said to provide a wide range of health benefits, including improvements in heart health. Compared to the pulp, the inedible pomegranate peel contains as much as three times te total amount of polyphenols. The higher phenolic content of the peel yields extracts use in dietary supplements and food preservatives.
- Pomegranate extract is used to resist atherosclerosis;
- Pomegranate extract is used as anti-oxidance;
- Pomegranate extract can treat kinds of symptoms caused by high blood sugar and hypertension;
- Pomegranate extract is used as coagulant, to descenting blood pressure;
- In alternative medicine, pomegranate peel extract is said to help treat and/or prevent health problems like colds, cough, diabetes, gum disease and high cholesterol;