- Latin Name: Cucurbita Maxima
- CAS No.: 89998-02-7
- Active Ingredient: Fatty Acids, Phytosterols Beta-Sitosterol
- Specifications: 4:1, 10:1, 20:1, 25% Phytosterols – 5% Beta-Sitosterol – 20% Fatty Acids
- Part Used: Seed
- Test Method: UV-VIS, TLC
- Appearance: Fine light yellow powder
Pumpkin seeds (pepita) are edible kernels of fruit pumpkin. The have very low level in Cholesterol and Sodium and they are full of nutritional values and a healthy component to any diet and have long been used as a natural treatment for various ailments.
Pumpkin seeds contain several major groups of constituent: fatty acids, phytosterols, amino acids, vitamins and mineral substances. The kernels are especially rich in monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFA) like oleic acid (18:1) that helps lower bad LDL Cholesterol and increases good HDL cholesterol in the blood.
- Antioxidant activity and antibacterial effect;
- Prostate health;
- Lower cholesterol absorption;
- Anti-diabetic effects;
- Known to help with depression and learning disabilities;
- Lowering menopausal symptoms;
- Anti-athrogenic and hepatoprotective effects.