- Latin Name: Capsicum
- Product Name: Red Chili Extract
- CAS No.: 404-86-4, 19408-84-5, 84625-29-6
- Active Ingredient: Capsaicinoids
- Specification: 4:1, 8:1, 10:1
- Appearance: White Crystal
- Test Method: TLC
White crystal Capsaicinoids are the major piquant materials. They are widely used as painkiller, slim drug, digestion promoting agent, etc. in pharmaceuticals.
It is be used in nontoxic anti-fouling ship paints that painted on the bottoms of ships to prevent sea life such as algae and molluscs from adhering to the hulls.
It also is used as insecticide in agriculture.
Major composition of the capsaicinoids are: capsaicin, dihydrocapsaicin, nordhydrocapsaicin and homodihydrocapsaicin.