- Latin Name: Rosmarinus Officinalis L.
- CAS No.: 84604-14-8
- Active Ingredient: Rosmarinic Acid, Canosic
- Specification: 80% Rosmarinic Acid – 6%, 15%, 25%, Carnosic Aced (UV-VIS)
- Part Used: Leaf
- Test Method: HPLC/UV
- Appearance: Fine brownish yellow powder
Rosmarinus Officinalis L. from Lamiaceae family, is commonly known as rosemary, Rosemary is a widely cultivated herbal plant that is originated in the Mediterranean area. Rosemary is an aromatic evergreen shrub with leaves similar to hemlock needles. Te leaves are used as a flavoring in foods and a prescription for treating minor ailments including: cough, headache, high blood pressure and reducing age-related memory loss.
Rosemary is used topically for preventing and treating baldness by applying to the skin; and treating circulation problems, toothache, a skin condition called eczema, and joint or muscle pain such as myalgia, sciatica and intercostal neuralgia. It is also used for wound healing, in bath therapy (balneotherapy) and as an insect repellent.
- Antioxidant activity
- Anti-inflammatory effect
- Antiviral acrivity
- Neuroprotective activity.