- Latin Name: Salvia Miltiorrhiza Bunge
- CAS No.: 54693-68-4
- Active Ingredient: Tanshinones
- Specification: 1:1, 4:1, 10:1, 5%, 10%, 20%, 50%, 95% Total Triterpenes – 95% Cryptotanshinone – 95% Tanshinone IIA
- Part Used: root
- Test Method: HPLC
- Appearance: Fine dark reddish-brown powder
The Salvia Miltiorrhiza mainly contains phenolic acids and diterpenoids. The main active constituents of salvia are ditrpene quinones, known as tanshinones. The tanshinones are unique chemical constituents, and similar compounds are not found in other Chinese herbs. Tanshinone IIA is one of the most abundant constituents of the root of Savia Miltiorrhiza which exerts antioxidant and anti-inflammatory actions in many experimental disease models in laboratory animals, Tanshinone IIA (tan IIA) has been widely used for various cardiovascular and cerebrovascular disorders.
- Salvia Miltiorrhiza can be used for acne
- Can be used to treat hepatitis
- Has anti-inflammatory and anti-infective properties
- Increases immunity
- Salvia Miltiorrhiza extract powder is used to treat coronary heart disease.